Cherdi Kala Yoga Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice
Latest update: 20 January 2021
Data Protection Officer:
Hari Krishan Singh (M.C.J. de Hommel)
5628 RJ Eindhoven
Tel: +31 (0)6 4143 0887
Introduction: GDPR (AVG in the Netherlands):
The new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) or AVG (Algemene verordening gegevensbescherming) is a legislation that is entering into force on 25 May 2018 and in which Europe lays down rules for companies on how to deal with clients’ data.
We would like to transparently report what kind of data Cherdi Kala Yoga keeps; how these data are stored, and how long they are stored for.
Cookies and IP Addresses Collected by this Website:
We may store information about you using cookies (these are small files which are sent by us to your computer or other access devices) which we can access when you visit our site in the future. We may also collect your device’s IP address as part of the basic functionality of this website. We do this to allow the website to function well and to collect anonymous information about how this website is used, through Google Analytics.
More information about Google Analytics: https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/#?modal_active=none
If you wish to prevent your data to be used by Google Analytics you can opt out by using this browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
If you wish to stop using cookies or control their use on your browser, you can simply refer to your browser’s settings for cookies. More information on how this works can be found on the website: All About Cookies (https://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies/) or on the Information Commissioner’s website (https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/).
Links to Other Websites
Cherdi Kala Yoga can not be held responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from Cherdi Kala Yoga (in the ‘links’ page or anywhere on our site), nor the information or content contained in them. Please remember that when you use a link to go from www.cherdikala.eu to another website, our Privacy Notice is no longer in effect. Your browsing, visiting and interaction on any other website (including those that have a link on our website) is subject to that website’s own policies. Please read through those policies before proceeding further.
Personal Client Data: What client Data Are Collected and Kept, How Are they Stored, and How Long Are they Stored for?
Certain personal client data are collected by Cherdi Kala Yoga at the time of registering for a teacher training, workshop or consultation. This is for the purposes of meeting Insurance Company criteria as well as for your health and safety during your yoga practice, training or consultation. Health information is also used to tailor sessions to suit your individual needs.
All information gathered by Cherdi Kala Yoga during the booking process or provided by a client at any other point in time is treated as confidential and will not be shared with a third party.
Three exceptions to sharing information are made:
• Kundalini Research Institute (KRI: http://kundaliniresearchinstitute.org/) is the central Kundalini Yoga organisation that issues the certificates and will be given your: name, address, e-mail address, phone number and date of birth to be able to register you. IKYTA (International Kundalini Yoga Teacher’s Association: https://www.ikyta.org/) will also receive this information.
• Emergency Contact information is collected only for use in an emergency, should Cherdi Kala Yoga need to contact your next of kin or give this information to the emergency services.
• Guest teacher trainers will be informed of any important health information and emergency contact details will be shared with them.
You may update or correct your registered information, alter any of your data, review how they are used or request their return to you at any time by contacting me via email or phone (contact details are provided at the top of the page).
You may, of course, decline to submit personal information to Cherdi Kala Yoga, in which case Cherdi Kala Yoga may not be able to provide certain services to you.
Below I report transparently what kind of data Cherdi Kala Yoga keeps; how these data are stored, and how long they are stored for.
Cherdi Kala Yoga keeps:
• a register of all trainings offered with mention of who participated (first and last name, address, e-mail address, date of birth and phone number), how much each person paid and if they have received a certificate. These registers are stored in password-secured folders in a secure cloud and backed-up on an external hard-drive.
• a medical details form for all people who have registered for a training. This form contains: health information and medical details (history of injuries, illnesses, pregnancies, the use of prescribed or recreational drugs, etc.). If you’ve filled out this form on paper only, it will be stored in a locked metal archive in a safe place, so as to protect it from theft or fire. If you have filled out this form on the computer and have emailed it to Cherdi Kala Yoga, it will be stored in a password-protected folder in a secure cloud environment and backed-up on a hard-drive.
• Emails or messages via Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp that you have sent in the past and that contained any kind of data are also treated with concern for your privacy. View the Data Policy of Facebook and FB Messenger: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update and Whatsapp: https://www.whatsapp.com/legal/?lang=en#key-updates
How long data are kept for:
By lawful obligation (insurance company and tax stipulations) and KRI compliance, data will be kept for 7 years after a client has used a service for the last time.
At any point in time you have the right to request your data back or to be deleted. In these cases I have a legal obligation to keep some of your data (for tax and insurance reasons), but any other data can then be returned to you or shredded.
How your contact details are used (Email Address and Phone Number):
On the registration form that you send in at the time of booking, you will be asked to provide your contact details. Afterwards you are also asked to sign a disclaimer. In doing so, you are agreeing to your email and phone number being used by Cherdi Kala Yoga to inform you of changes, waiting list spaces becoming available, and updates directly relating to the service you have booked. I will also use your contact details to check in with you if you have verbally or in a written way registered for a training or other service but not made a payment yet, so that I can confirm the number of participants for a training or workshop, or timing of an appointment.
You of course have the right to refuse to submit your email and/or phone number, which in some cases may mean that I am not be able to:
• provide a certain service to you
• contact you in case of last-minute class changes or cancellations
• inform you if waiting list places have become available.
Registrations can always be made by you either via email or via phone call.
Changes to our privacy notice & how we let you know:
Cherdi Kala Yoga may update its Privacy Notice from time to time, and so you should ideally review this Notice regularly. When we change the notice in a material way, we will change the ‘latest update’ date at the top of this Privacy Notice. Any changes to this Privacy Notice are in effect as soon as they are posted on this page. If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, please contact our Data Protection Officer (contact details can be found at the top of this page).
If there is a change to Cherdi Kala Yoga’s Privacy Notices or to how we your data is utilised, we shall contact you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through clear posting of the notice on our social media channels and newsletters. We reserve the right to determine the way and means of providing these notifications to you. Please be aware that you may have opted out of certain ways of notification as described in this Privacy Notice (e.g. newsletters) or might not be checking our social media channels. You can always find the latest version of our Privacy Notice on this webpage.
If at any time you feel that there is an issue with the way Cherdi Kala Yoga handles your data then you can contact the A.P (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, the Dutch ICO – Information Commissioner’s Office) via: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl
Data Protection Law means that you as a customer or client have extensive rights regarding the collection, storage and use of your data.
Under the AVG (Algemene verordening gegevensbescherming) or GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) you have the following rights as an individual regarding your data:
1. The right to be informed
2. The right of access
3. The right to rectification
4. The right to erasure
5. The right to restrict processing
6. The right to data portability
7. The right to object
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you would like to find out more about these rights, or if you would like to report a breach of them, you can contact the A.P (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) or ICO (Information Commissioners Office):